seattle brewery tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltim

Reaction score
I'm going on an alaskan cruise w/ parents, we're staying in seattle two nights, we'll have fri eve, full day sat, and sun morn to do whatever before we depart, I was hoping to maybe tour a brewery.. any suggestions on the best one to tour on a saturday?

Thanks,
Tim

Even though I know plenty about beer, I'd actually like a guided type tour.. one that shows all the equipment, and of course samples/gift shop..

as opposed to just going to a brewery to just eat and gaze at the equipment behind the glass.

Try the Red hook brewery in Woodinville. they might do tours. I also second stopping by Naked City. Mac and Jacks does tours on Sunday.

NAKED CITY!!!!!!! Not a tour but my favorite tap house and brewery in Seattle. So damn good.

the years I lived up there as a teen, sadly I wasn't into the hobby at the time. I do still have a few friends I talk to up there - mostly in Everett. I can find out if interested..

Redhook - they do a very nice tour with LOTS of samples. :)

And it's practically an off flavor training for diacetyl :cross:

There are very few truly good brewery tours and I don't know of one in Seattle but I third or ninth or whatever Naked City. Second best place to have a beer in the state after the venerable Walking Man.

Redhook and Mac and Jacks are the only ones locally that do scheduled tours, as far as I know, and they're a bit of a jaunt from downtown... and Mac and Jacks is only 3pm on Sundays. Maybe Pike Brewing does tours too, I'm not sure. They're downtown, right next to Pike Place market.

But for just good bevvies, I have to wholeheartedly endorse Schooner Exact and Epic Ales, which are both relatively close to the piers, where I can only assume your cruise ship is docking.

If you want to take a drive, head up to Snoqualmie Brewing company. Rande is the head brewer and I am sure he can show you the whole process. Good beer too.

The old Rainier Brewery, which ran 1884 to 1999, now houses Emerald City Brewing, Tully`s coffee, Bartholomew`s Winery and Red Soul Motorcycles. Haven`t been there since they closed Rainier but that would be my pick!

VB

Contact Pike about their "The Pike Craft Beer Experience". Its an awesome tour, but you need reservations and spots are limited. I went with my wife and we had a great time; basically a private tour. Right in downtown at Pike market. I've been on pretty much all the tours up here and enjoyed this one the most.

http://www.shoppikebrewing.com/pikepress/CraftBeerExperience.pdf

Back