Seattle Beer Bars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_trout

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im going to be in Seattle this coming weekend, 5/9 - 5/12. Id love to hit some of the cities best beer bars and/or breweries. Any recommendations for an IPA lover? Also just found out its Seattle Beer Week! What kinda crazy good luck is that?! :rockin:

Where to begin. In the Fremont neighborhood there is Brouwers, with a vast array of local, regional, national, international, you could spend all day there without feeling like you overlooked something. There are several Breweries in the Georgetown area, Georgetown Brewing Co., Two Beers Brewing Co. (opens their excellent bar after 3pm weekdays) and many more, most neighborhood bars have a lengthy tap selection. Elliot Bay Brewpub in the Far north of the city (try the ginger cider). Distilleries dot the same neighborhoods. Google map a route to visit them all :mug:

Where are you staying? The Fremont and Ballard neighborhoods are easy on public transit, Georgetown not so easy.

Chuck's Hop Shop has two locations now and is a bottle shop with around 40 taps too.

I've written a post about visiting Seattle Breweries recently too.

Im at the Silver Cloud on Broadway which Im told is Capitol Hill. They have a shuttle service and Ill be getting an Orca card but not renting a car so yeah, proximity to public transport is key. I'll check that post on the micros, thanks.

I'll be there a week after u leave. I was there a couple years ago too. Capitol Hill is an interesting place...but we mainly stuck around Sodo. It was pretty industrial. Georgetown was cool, but not really a taproom. It is a great example of a mid size brewery if u can get a tour. My favorite place was emerald city, which we almost skipped. Cool building, low traffic, nice barkeep, and interesting beers. They mostly poured lagers though, which can be a nice change of pace after so many fruity ales. I don't remember the name, but there was a microbrewery/seafood place that I won't go back to. The beer was served warm and the air was humid and filled with seafood smells...barely choked down my flight. It's really tough to go wrong though. People are mostly friendly, especially in May when it's nicer out, weirdos in cap hill though :). We followed the steps of man vs food too. Let me know if u find some good spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just did a Ballard Brewery Crawl two weeks ago for my cousin's bday. We hit Peddlers, Hilliards, and Stoup. All great. I'm also a big fan of Elysian and Naked City. And Chuck's.

Just did a Ballard Brewery Crawl two weeks ago for my cousin's bday. We hit Peddlers, Hilliards, and Stoup. All great. I'm also a big fan of Elysian and Naked City. And Chuck's.
You missed Reuban's Brews! If they were open shame on you, they are my favorite. NW Peaks is pretty good too. Hales and Maratime Pacific have decent food if you need a meal.

Reuben's brews do make some great beers. One of my favorite locals. Also, if you're into the odd and interesting beers, check out Epic Ales.

The beer culture in this town is unreal. Seriously, I could spend a month here doing nothing but drinking local micros and and never have the same beer twice. I wish I had more time here. Well done Seattle, well done indeed!

Back