Scratch on the bottom of the corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todes

Reaction score
Hello, I noticed that there is a minor scratch on the bottom of the cornelius, on the part that the tub touches the bottom. I tried to take some pictures but it doesnt show. How bad is it? Should I be worried? My 3 cornys are like that.:no:

Last edited:
Hello, I noticed that there is a minor scratch on the bottom of the cornelius, on the part that the tub touches the bottom. I tried to take some pictures but it doesnt show. How bad is it? Should I be worried? My 3 cornys are like that.:no:

I'm going to guess "tub" above means dip tube. If there's a scratch inside then it depends on how deep it is and how well you're cleaning it. There's nothing inherently wrong with having a scratch so long as you clean and sanitize it before filling.

If you can reach inside and run your fingernail across the scratch and it's barely evident, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Latest posts

Back