Score! Bells Hopslam Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the tasting went well. Hopslam was certainly the high point but I was pretty impressed with the batch 10,000. 100 different malts and 60 types of hops. Right tasty.

I have 4 left out of a sixer of 10,000, I'm giving it some time it was a bit overwhelming unfortunately to my undeveloped plate.

I also picked up a couple of epic brewing's Hopulent. I'll try those tonight. Never had em before.

I have 4 left out of a sixer of 10,000, I'm giving it some time it was a bit overwhelming unfortunately to my undeveloped plate.

Same. It was a lot better on tap though. I'll save my 5 bottles for a later date. I still have 4 batch 9000 left.

My Hopslam Mini keg will be consumed tomorrow for the super bowl. :ban:

Ok, hopulent was pretty good, heavy on pine and citrus. To say there was sediment in the bottle is a huge understatement, it was a 1/4 inch thick yeast cake. Came out the bottle in chunks!

I had a sixer of Hopslam but am down to three. Also scored four bombers of Hoptimum yesterday and will sample the first of those this afternoon/evening during the game.

Yum, I love beer!

Found bottles of Hopslam at a small beer store on the way back to friends house after helping them move. unfortunately, it was the same batch that I had at home that was underhopped IMO. I'm still looking for a different batch to try.

I have been unable to find any this year in my area (every place that has had any has sold out in record time I am told) but got an email from one of my favorite local bars letting me know they are tapping a keg of it at 11:30 on Saturday morning!! :ban::tank::mug::rockin:

Back