School me on LLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
Usually use oxiclean or PBW to clean my lines. Being out of both I grabbed some LLC. Directions are 1/2oz per gallon. Circulate for 5 minutes.

Can I get away with using a gallon for 2 ten foot lines or should I not be a cheap ass and just make a keg of it?

Hi

A lot depends on just what is in your lines. The real risk is that it goes after something that the Oxy has left behind. If that stuff exhausts the cleaner ...

Being cheap ass, I'd mix up two gallons and run the first one through both lines for about 4 minutes. I'd finish up with the second gallon.

Bob

Hmmm interesting, so oxiclean was the wrong move? We recently upgraded to two taps and the fogginess of the old line became incredibly apparent.

Hi

Not the wrong move. Any / all of these chemicals can leave residue. They also ignore certain things (hopefully they don't dissolve stainless steel or vinyl :D). The first time you use any cleaner it may pull out more stuff than it does on subsequent flushes.

Bob

Latest posts

Back