Schoenling Lager...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueflint

Reaction score
Being from Cincinnati, I have a soft spot for the old beer names that I grew up with in the late 1970's and 1980's. I fondly remember drinking Hudepohl, Wiedemann, Burger and Schoenling's Little Kings Cream Ale. But I never did try Schoenling's lager which was available in cans, bottles and on tap in many places back then. Does anyone remember Schoenling's Lager? Was it a typical lager from the time period? How did it differ from Hudepohl or other local lagers? I hope I didn't cause any bad flashbacks for anyone!:drunk:

No one remembers Schoenling Lager? While talking with a co-worker the other day, he was commenting on one of my home brews and stated "this reminds me of Schoenling Lager". Wow...I just stared at him... then starting asking a lot of questions. It appears from what I could gather from him Schoenling Lager was similar to Hudepohl but had "more flavor" which I have heard before. It had a little more hops flavor and aroma, similar to Schoenling's Little Kings. It was the Saaz hops in my home brew that my co-worker keyed in on (my home brew was a basic hybrid type ale hopped to 20 IBU with Saaz). Anyone else?

I love little killers,but it's availability is sporadic around here. Weidamen is long gone,had a trash can of with ice at our wedding reception.

I just picked this up. A pre 1964 case complete with bottles. Overall shows age and use but solid and quite rare today.

8394845019_38abbe7309_b.jpg

Nice for the ol' collection. bonus on bottling day. I've been saving bottles from beer I like. I also have a 6'r carton from LHB's Fade To Black from I think last year. Have a little kings bottle in my collection. But it's a twist off.

Back