sasquatch hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyfife

Reaction score
Just received a pound of sasquatch hops. Now i need an all grain recipe. Anyone had experience with this hop.
Thanks

That's a thing? Interesting

I had to look it up reminds me of a hop used in a commercial beer I had. It was called lotus I think. It was IPA leaning on hazy IPA styel

That's a thing? Interesting

I had to look it up reminds me of a hop used in a commercial beer I had. It was called lotus I think. It was IPA leaning on hazy IPA styel
Was planning on a neipa anyway. Been using kveik lately, like the results

"Not likely to do well in a big in-your-face IPA due to low first-year AA values, it is suggested by Hops Direct that pairing Sasquatch will help bring out some of its more notable characteristics. For example, paired with Citra, Cascade, Centennial or Mandarina Bavaria will pull some of the orange flavours forward, while pairing with Amarillo, Calypso, or Perle will accentuate the soft floral, minty notes."

I don't think it is going to be much appreciated in a NEIPA

What is your goal? Good beer or to experience the hop?

If you want to experience the hop just use 2 row with a small hit of crystal and use that hop throughout, I do this a lot as I find it the best way to learn a hop. If your just after a good beer that's a little more involved as everyone's taste is different but above seems to be some good info to start on. Another idea is make a beer your familiar with and add it to the recipe to see what characteristics the hop added to the beer that you did not notice before.

Just received a pound of sasquatch hops. Now i need an all grain recipe. Anyone had experience with this hop.
Thanks

Hi there,

I have about 1/2 pounds of Sasquatch hops... looking for advice on how to use them... how did you liked them ?

Back