Sankey set and forget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcollins

Reaction score
Just kegged my homebrew for the first time ever: Woohoo!!

I have a sankey keg dispense system set up at home which is why I went this route. I also had a keg given to me so that helped with the set up.

I transferred an IPA (FG 1.014) from the secondary into the keg, attached the coupling head with gas connected and purged a few times to ensure no oxygen was left inside. I've got the regulator set to 10psi and the temperature in the fridge is 4ºC. I'm assuming that I'm good to just leave it and come back in a week or so?

I'm new to kegging homebrew so have never dealt with CO2 at home. I've always bottled and primed and got the carbonation that way. I did work in a brewery but the only time we carbed in a keg was a pilot brew and the brewer hooked the gas up to the beer out line so that the CO2 was bubbling THROUGH the beer. I think it was because he started on the Thursday and needed to carb up for the weekend. That's my only guess.

So I can just ignore it?

Yup, ignore it. It will take close to 3 weeks to fully carb. But test it here and there to see how it's coming along.:mug:

If you want to speed it up, increase pressure to 30 psi for 24 hours and then back it down to 10 psi. In my corny set up that would work without overcarbing, your sanke might be different but I doubt it.

Otherwise be patient, although I think you could start sampling after a week to see how it's going.

Back