Sankey Keg Flat. Need Help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allouez86

Reaction score
So here's my issue. Had a batch of saison that I kegged last week in a 1/6 barrel sankey keg. Pressurized the keg before filling it, then filled it to the top. It sat in the cooler for a day before hooking it up to the gas, so it was at 38-40 degrees when I hooked it up to my regulator. Set the psi to 30 and let it go for 5 days. Just put the keg on tap and it had next to no carbonation.

My regulator said that my tank still had more than enough gas in it and at 30 psi for 5 days I'd assume I should be getting at least some carbonation if not my complete desired level. The only thing I can think of is maybe my regulator is broken (which I don't think it is), there's a leak somewhere that I somehow missed, or filling up the keg and leaving zero head space had something to do with it (can't imagine that is the issue since I've been filling all my kegs to the brim for years with no issues).

Any ideas as to why the beer was flat?

Latest posts

Back