Sankey corny quick disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xQuestx

Reaction score
I got a kegerator, and I was thinking of homebrewing at some point and kegging the beer. My question is, Do they make quick disconnects to go between Sankey keg and homebrew corny keg? So I can still use the D coupler sometimes for store-bought beer and corny keg when needed. Are the beer lines the same size? I notice the corny keg ball locks seem like a 1/4 beer line barb while the beer line I have now is 5/16. Thanks for any help. I figured this would be the place to ask.

So I just got the sanke ball lock conversion kit above. I hooked everything up, and it seems I have a small leak on the gray Co2 side where the plastic ball-lock hooks to the post. It only seems to leak when the plastic head is moved from side to side. This is happening while not tapped to a keg, if that matters. Do you think something is wrong with the Co2 connection? Do you need to lube these things? Thanks, guys.

Thanks for getting back to me. If you're talking about the o-ring on the post, I switched it out for another, and it still leaks. I don't have lube, so I need to get some of that somewhere.

Are you sure you have the gas on the gas and liquid on the liquid? The gas one has a groove machined into the fitting while the other one is smooth.
Yes I check that, I thought it might have been that at first.

out of curiosity, what psi is that at?

edit: i just ask because my pin lock keg gas posts leak a bit when i have the reg at 50psi for burst carbing, but are fin at 10psi....(wrong o-rings i know now)

out of curiosity, what psi is that at?

edit: i just ask because my pin lock keg gas posts leak a bit when i have the reg at 50psi for burst carbing, but are fin at 10psi....(wrong o-rings i know now)

They're only at 10 psi.

i remember someone said they tried different QDs, not sure if that was you, but could there be a scratch in the QD?

(and that video is really short, lol :mug:)

Back