Sankey converter issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFancyPlants

Reaction score
I was prepping a 15.5G sankey for a batch of Amorita's Special Blended Bitter and the tips of the ball lock conversion disconnects are easily displaced and leaking. Am I missing a tiny o-ring.. Or could the spring just be crappy? They are both gas posts, but I figure I can put a gas connect on the picnic tap or kegerator if I want to go through the trouble of getting that to the wedding sight.. Although now that I think about it the line size might be too big?

Last edited:
I think it is the poppet in the post that is leaking.. rather than the tip of the disconnect.

I think I have a standard sankey barb I could also use for the liquid out, but could I just order a standard ball-lock liquid post to replace the duplicate gas post?

On closer inspection, I seem to be missing a plastic washer in one of the posts.. Does the penny or nickel need a washer to cap a sankey port? Or should I just tighten it down more to pressurize? Good thing I only have sanitizer in there.

Maybe I can use some of the Teflon tape around the penny or a bit of plastic wrap to make it airtight enough to start carbing until my neoprene washers come in?

Bueller?

The teflon tape around a nickel bubbled for a bit and then stopped even when I let the pressure out and then repressurized.. I think I am ready to blend my 15G of beer together and force carb. I am going to purge, set it to 30 psi and roll it around for a bit and then disconnect the tap while it is still up at 30 to rest for the next week in the kegerator. The event is a little over a week away.

Thanks for all the help on this one.

Back