Sanke Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paraops

Reaction score
A buddy of mine just called and told me he had a second sanke half barrel of Boulevard wheat that his coupler didn't mate to correctly (I.E. loosely. allowing beer/gas leakage at the ball valve) He has never had issues like this with any other beer and like me has had scores of half barrels through is kegerator. This is actually the second time he's had this issue with Boulevard products, again, never having issues with other beers.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be? Have any of you had issues with kegs from Boulevard brewing? I assume it's a keg issue since his coupler works flawlessly with any other half barrel. Thanks a lot.

Man it's been forever since I used a sankey connection (although I still have an empty sixtel to return)... Never had experience with that particular brand though; try keg lube (or substitute) to help seal maybe?

What type of brands has the keg coupler that he is using been tapped on? My guess is that he has a type "D" keg coupler and the keg you are trying to tap is a different type. Here is a link from micromatic explaining and classifying the matching kegs and couplers. Although I couldn't find the system for Boulevard kegs.

Beer Brand - Keg Tap Listing

I hope this helps

Brandon

Back