Sanke spear removal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkmount721

Reaction score
So what is the easiest way to deal with this type? Or is there an easy way? My assumption is that this is going to be just an old fashion pain in the a**.:mug:

IMAG00241.jpg

i could tell you, but its much better to watch it. youtube it, theres several videos. and its VERY easy once you do it a time or two. takes a couple seconds tops once you get the hang of it

Yeah I have seen the vids with the retaining clip before. This one doesn't seem to have a clip.

See what I mean in my pic? I have done the ones with the ring. This one boggles my mind.

I had a keg that did not have a retaining clip, like yours.

I took a big thick flat-bladed screwdriver and a hammer and smacked one of those jutting pins on its side. The goal is to move the entire inside portion in a counter-clockwise motion. The ones with retaining rings have no threads. These are threaded.

Or you could just depress the ball and relieve the pressure, then cut the top off. I assume that is what you intend to do with this in the end.

yep yep it finally budged. I was amazed by the pain in the butt it was. Once I got it to break it was all over. The beer that was left in there had sat so long it was like major acetic acid action. Whole backyard smells like Duchesse de Borgogne. Heh. Thanks pals.

/thread

glad you got it to work, i probably should have looked at the picture before my posts... now i see what you mean

Latest posts

Back