Sanke Newbie - Need Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barhoc11

Reaction score
I picked up a keg of Sam Adam's Winter Lager yesterday and put it in my keezer last night to stay cold until my sanke coupler arrived in the mail today. When I got my coupler today, I notice this white piece in the liquid output portion and removed it since it didn't look like it belonged there.
YXVCOno.jpg

Now that I am getting a ton of foam (I can see the foam all the way from the source of the liquid line) and the flow is very slow, I am wondering if this should have stayed in where I found it, in the liquid out post? I would guess that if this piece was in place, the flow would be even slower but I am out of guesses at this point

I have used my keezer for a ton of corny kegs with no issues, now that this is the first Sanke keg I cannot figure out what is going on so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Thats the check ball retainer. unscrew the beer nut on the liquid out and put it back in nd see if it helps.
2.gif

Latest posts

Back