Sanke Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nctovar

Reaction score
hey, so I know how to remove and reassemble a sanke keg, but I have one question. How do I force carb it once I have my brew inside and all reassembled?

anything is helpful. It is more convenient for me to use a sanke for what I need it for.

if you can effectively re-assemble a sanke with the metal ring thing, my guess would be just throw a whole bunch of co2 at it and let it sit for a few days....assuming you have a sanke tap with homebrew disconnects. I can tell you though the big macro breweries put already carbed beer in their kegs and then seal them for distribution.....so who knows.

Did you know that the HBT forum does a forum search for those that don't do a forum search themselves. Read the "Similar Threads" section below and you'll find the answer you seek!

Same as you would any other keg. Put the gas on it at the pressure that corresponds to your carbonation level, and wait for it to carb. If you want to carb it without having the beer line hooked up to the faucet, replace the beer out tailpiece with a penny.

Back