Sanity Check my Fridgenstien Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alight DIY experts. I have decided to build a fridgenstein. I've got a hookup with a buddy who works for a company with all these spares and parts they have laying around and want to declutter. Here is my plan and PLEASE HELP check my sanity. I tend to go a bit overboard and overdo my DIY projects.
Craigslist Side by Side 26cf is in progress.
I'm going to use the temp controllers in the door. Ferm wraps for heating. I'm going to take out the standard fridge lighting and put LED ribbon lights all around.

Now here is what I have invisioned for the important stuff.
I want a 4 tap system. 3 being vent-magic or perlick taps. The 4th I already have a guiness tap faucet which I'm going to have as a dedicated nitro tap.
I've decided to run 2 20lb tanks because they are free. 1 beer gas and 1 CO2. Each tank will have dual product regulators. That way I can have a gas line run into and outside the fridge for whatever reason I need. As for in the kegerator I'm going to have a 4 product regulator for CO2. 3 regulators for kegs and the 4th as a backup in case I don't want the stout tap on nitro. Also having a 4 product regulator is so I can have each keg on a different pressure if I need it also if I want to be carbing a keg or using a beer gun or just as a backup.
The Nitro system I may just run a 2 way manifold inside the kegerator. Not really sure if I need to have separate regulators.
Now kegging. I have 2 ball lock kegs but I was given 8 Sankey plastic PubKegs. So my plan is to run a ball lock system but have low profile Sankey couplers with a ball lock conversions on them. I will have 6-8ft beer lines and balance from there.
My tap rotation is going to always have a cider, soda or beer, various beer and Nitro Tap.
Now fire away. What are your thoughts?

Back