Sanitizing PET bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashbyp

Reaction score
Anyone tried sanitizing PET bottles in the dishwasher? Would they distort (or melt?)

I put coke, mt dew, etc 20 oz bottles in the dishwasher with heated dry turned off and i have no issues. I think those are PET bottles.

Just pour a cup of starsan solution in it, swirl, empty back in bucket, dip the neck and you are done. Repeat with next bottle.

EdWort said:
Just pour a cup of starsan solution in it, swirl, empty back in bucket, dip the neck and you are done. Repeat with next bottle.

If you're pouring the sanitizer back into the bucket, make sure to give the bottles a good rinse first :mug:

Atl300zx said:
If you're pouring the sanitizer back into the bucket, make sure to give the bottles a good rinse first :mug:

Yep, I only do this on freshly cleaned & rinsed bottles.

off topic a little but...where can one find 12oz pet bottles for bottling. I'm planning on going to a music festival this summer and I'd like to bring some brew to share. problem is they don't allow glass.

Back