Sanitizer Bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Descender

Reaction score
Just got the sanitizer bucket from our dishwasher at the restaurant. It was a 5 gal white plastic (#2) pail with the brand new lid and gasket from the replacement. The lid has a standard 2" screw opening offset to one end. There are probably very few scratches on the inside, as it's a setnforget system. I plan on running hose water through it for my next lawn flood to leech out any chemicals. Anyone see a problem using this as a primary?

As long as all the sanitizer is washed out, I don't foresee any problems. Never complain about free buckets!

It should be fine as long as you scale down your recipes.

Yep. Still dreaming of a 6.5 bucket. I also scored four green 4 liter wine jugs so I got some serious secondary action planned.

All big restaurants should have 7 or 8 gallon buckets . check their trash dumpsters . do not know about there but here they have to toss them in the dumpster . they get lots of things in them like pickles , mayo, eggs ... or just buy a fermenting bucket for 15 bucks and call it done

we have a truck stop here that sells theirs for 5 bucks

Have you read the pickle bucket thread? No thanks. I've worked in the restaurant business for 20 years and have very rarely seen pails larger than 5, none since I got the brewbug. Although, I should hit up guys from the local sauce plant. They make sauces and fillings for the restaurant industry. Bound to be something there

Yes a bucket with something besides pickles would be better . Should be plenty of places that get their sauces and the like in bigger than 5 gallon .

Would love to get something that originally held berries lol. If the pickle buckets make your stuff taste like pickles, I'm gonna make banana wine in a strawberry bucket. Or Perry in a blackberry bucket. Or cyser in a cranberry...

The restaurant size buckets are invariably 5 to 10 litre capacity, mainly because of needing to maintain "fresh" ingredients.....

Any larger is less culinary and more industrial.......

At least with restaurant buckets you can usually see whats been in them with can be much less likely with the industrial sized ones.......

Back