San Diego breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocalWally

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Hope this isn't too self serving but I am a beer guy who also is a writer and I just wrote a guide to San Diego microbreweries at www.DrinkUpSanDiego.com. I am not a company, I am just a guy who likes beer and likes to write. Go check it out and thanks for this forum!

Gary
:mug:

Not sure if you violated some rule but thanks if you did! Site looks sweet; I'm guy who likes beer up in North County and it turns out (thanks to your site) I live around the corner from a sweet micro brewery. Cheers.

Oh and I'm new here and to home brewing (on third batch) so hello to everyone else!

Hey Whirlybird, thanks for the comment. If you like home brewing I'm sure you already know about Mother Earth supplies and brewery in Vista. They were one of the least friendly breweries to me when I was building the guide but they do have the best supplies :cross: I need to add a new brewery in Hillcrest next - believe it or not, it's the first outright gay brewery perhaps in the entire US (or at least that's their claim). I don't know the difference between straight beer and gay beer but I guess it's time to find out!

I've been really liking Aztec Brewery, close to Iron Fist. Have you checked those two out?

Yeah, I'm familiar with Mother Earth. The verdict is still out on their beer as I'm batting .500 on my growlers from them. Great supplies for the home brewer though. Finally made it to Oceanside Ale Works this weekend. Talk about some great beer! I got to meet Scott, one of the owners, and he gave me a quick tour of the place. I look forward to spending a few more afternoons there in the near future!

Yeah, I'm familiar with Mother Earth. The verdict is still out on their beer as I'm batting .500 on my growlers from them. Great supplies for the home brewer though. Finally made it to Oceanside Ale Works this weekend. Talk about some great beer! I got to meet Scott, one of the owners, and he gave me a quick tour of the place. I look forward to spending a few more afternoons there in the near future!

Did you hit up Breakwater Brewing while you were in Oceanside? One of my favorites.

Did you hit up Breakwater Brewing while you were in Oceanside? One of my favorites.

Disregard, just checked out the site! As a San Clemente native, great job on the site brochacho! Saw several I didn't know about and will definitely be hitting your site up on my next trip back home!
:mug:

Latest posts

Back