Sam Adams quality control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biere_Titan

Reaction score
I’m sitting here on my deck, drinking a Sam Adams Boston Lager and enjoying what’s left of the weekend. The thing is, while I haven’t had a Sam Adams in a couple of months, this one tastes distinctly different from what I’ve had in the past. There’s nothing wrong with it per se, but it’s not what I am accustomed to from the company. I had another one two days ago from the same six-pack and thought the same thing then. To be honest, I'm not inclined to buy it again given what I'm tasting.

The label indicates they're brewing in MA, PA and OH. Any thoughts on Boston Beer Company’s quality control lately? Have they changed their recipe? It certainly tastes like a different mix of hops, but I don’t know enough on the subject to identify what exactly is different.

Happy Father’s Day to all you Dads out there, by the way.

You could contact them with the batch number. They may already know it's off and offer you a refund or at least tell you if anyone else has said anything.

I would agree. I like their Summer Ale, and I do not PERSONALLY believe it to be as good as it was a few years back.

I'm new and correct me if I'm wrong-- but the hop profile might change quite a bit between two bottles from the same recipe depending on how their stored.

Sam prides themselves on quality control. They actually go around and periodically check tap lines and bottles being sold to make sure they are fresh and in date. I would contact and ask them about it.

Latest posts

Back