Sam Adams Octoberfest on the prowl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Drank 4 of them today, fresh from the grocery store. Never did get to try the new Latitude 48 though and all the summer packs are gone.

Jeez, what is it? Is it that people like to drink beer to get ready for the next season rather than drink it in appropriate season? Is it that having an Octoberfest gets people ready for fall even when it is 95 degrees out? I'm not complaining. I do a bit of this myself. But I find it amusing.

Oktoberfest beer being on the shelf before the middle of August is just silly.

Make more Pils or offer Lat 48 as an annual beer

I LOVE Oktoberfest. It's my favorite SA offering. I do think they should offer the Pils as an annual as well.

You're not missing much on the Latitude 48. It's okay, but not what I look for in an IPA. It tastes like a stronger version of their Pale Ale, but the hops aren't really packing too much of a punch for me.

Jeez, what is it? Is it that people like to drink beer to get ready for the next season rather than drink it in appropriate season? Is it that having an Octoberfest gets people ready for fall even when it is 95 degrees out? I'm not complaining. I do a bit of this myself. But I find it amusing.

Doesn't matter here, even in the winter we can push 90 in a heat wave.

I love me some Sam Adams Octoberfest! I look forward to it every year. Looks like my pocketbook will get a few bills lighter tomorrow. :mug:

Did SA release it early this year? I can never find it until closer to October. I would think it would be a bit too early but I do like their Octoberfest.

I got a sampler 12 pack today (Sam A) that had their Oktoberfest and their Pumpkin ale in it. :p

Whoa! Sam Pumpkin? How is it?

It was pretty good :eek: you could taste the Cinnamon and Nutmeg but the Pumpkin was very faint and the 1 I had did not have near the head as the Oktoberfest but that may just have been my pouring.

Back