Sam Adams barrel room collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjtabares

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying one of the 3 beers from this collection, has anyone tried them. Were they good? Which one should I try first?

I have tried two of them, The American Kriek and Stoney Brook Red.

The American Kriek is delicious and has a sweet cherry flavor but not over powering. The issue with this is that I can drink it like water.

The Stoney Brook Red is great by far my favorite of the two. It has a deep oak flavor and has a lot depth and body.

Lol I ended up buying the new world triple. Thought I was going to have more time to look around but got rushed out by a phone call. Ended up using a dice app on my phone to pick for me.

Thanks for the info, I want to try them all. So I hope to get to all of them.

The American Kriek is delicious and has a sweet cherry flavor but not over powering. The issue with this is that I can drink it like water.

This was exactly why I didn't like the Kriek. It's supposed to be sour. I looked at is as just another example of Sam Adams dumbing down beer styles to get more mass appeal.

I am not very found of the new world triple. I am not getting much of the tropical fruit taste. It taste like an ale but maybe a little sweeter. I am still new at this but I am not very impressed we will have to see about the other two. But man i can feelthe 10% alc.

Well don't get me wrong I would drink this over most other commercial beers but not amazing to me at least.

This was exactly why I didn't like the Kriek. It's supposed to be sour. I looked at is as just another example of Sam Adams dumbing down beer styles to get more mass appeal.

This I did not know. I had never had a Kriek until then. Thanks for letting me know that is not how it is suppose to be.

See, i found my bottle to be sour and sweet with an annoying wood quality. I am not a fan. I felt the same about the SBRed. Of the three, the NWT was the best of the bunch and had the most drinkability.

I visited the brewery this past summer and it was possibly the best brewtour i've ever been on and was able to get all three beers as fresh as possible.

Lindeman's makes sweet kriek and Cantillon did in the 70s. If they can do it, I won't beat up on Sam Adam's too much for doing it.

Lindeman's makes sweet kriek and Cantillon did in the 70s. If they can do it, I won't beat up on Sam Adam's too much for doing it.

Ayup. Melbourn Bros too.

I think too many sour fanatics forget that often times these beers are made under the assumption that the drinker will be backsweetening to taste either with plain sugar or with some sort of syrup.

Back