Salutations from New Hampshire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icewalker

Reaction score
Complete brewing n00b here. But I've started probably as I mean to go on ..... disastrously. I have a 5 gallon batch of imperial stout on the go at the moment (my first ever brew).

What have I done wrong so far? Well I learnt that it's probably better not to brew when you're having a session with St.Peters cream stout. I added extra sugar to the wort :drunk: Then I mixed in some coffee with the liquid yeast before adding it :drunk: ...... oh and I forgot to strain out the hops etc when transferring it to the primary :drunk:

That being said ... I'm into the first week and it smells like beer :tank:

I think I've come to the right place though for the font of knowledge

Hey, if the worst you've done while drinking is added wierd sheet to your brew, well, welcome to the club.

But just as a word of caution. Keep the coffee away from the yeasties. Those little barstids get way too excited as it is when they get around your wort, don't need to supercharge them.

Welcome from Stoughton, MA.

PTN (A fellow Ice Walker/Climber)

Thanks folks - forgot to mention. I'm in Dover, NH. Been here for nearly 11 years now - maybe time to move to a different part of the state again ;)

Back