Salt Lake area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgates31

Reaction score
Anyone local to the Salt Lake area that would be interested in getting together in the near future to help out with my first brew ever?

I'm in Springville an have done three batches so far so I'm pretty new to this myself. All three have been extract kits from northern brewer. The first two have come out very good and my third is currently in the fermentor. I have about half a case of my second batch brick warmer holiday red left. Are you doing all grain or extract and what are you brewing??

I'm not too local as I live in springville. I have three batches under my belt all extract kits from northern brewer. My first two came out really good and my third is currently in the fermentor. I have just over half a case of my last batch left its the brickwarmer holiday red from northern brewer. Are you doing extract or all grain and where abouts are you located? Sorry I sent this twice.

I really am not to sure what I am going to do. Been looking around and havnt quite picked something I want to brew. I really do enjoy a some beers more than others so i probably will try to talk to some people and target something that would be in the ballpark of those. And I live pretty close to down town. About 5-10 min away.

Not set in stone and very well could change. But would like to go all grain.

I have only done extract batches so I prob wouldn't be much help doing all grain. I may in the future move to all grain but will stick with extract for now as it is a simpler process and involves less equipment.

My main reason for looking into doing all grain is mostly because if im going to craft a beer i would much rather craft a meh beer but call it mine and work from that point than to have a pre fabbed kit and just mix it all together. both still take skill just preference i guess. :mug: But i would also really like to learn/know everything going into what im creating.

Anyone local to the Salt Lake area that would be interested in getting together in the near future to help out with my first brew ever?

I would do an extract first, It's complicated enough as it is. I am in West valley and go to SLC frequently. Check out my ad on ksl search ibrewwithu
I just bought a mash-tun, but want to get another extract under my belt. I am working on my 5th extract batch and confident in my skills with that type, but I hear far too many people say how they have brewed 10 batches of all grain and cant get it right and give up. Let me know!

How bout you guys hit the group button at the top of the page and join the Utah brewers group. Maybe we could get a little more activity goin' and set up some meet and greets. Would love to hang out with some local brewers.

I'd be interested in meeting up with some local brewers also, I'm in west valley and i brew all grain more often then not although i'm definately not a pro.

I'm not CURRENTLY in SLC, but will be in late March/early April if any of you have any offerings for me to taste while up there for a week. I'll be mostly in Magna hanging out at the RC track(IRCR), but if anyone want a self-proclaimed professional to taste-test their brew(s) we can meet up. hehehehe Stay strong SLC brewers!

NivekD said:
How bout you guys hit the group button at the top of the page and join the Utah brewers group. Maybe we could get a little more activity goin' and set up some meet and greets. Would love to hang out with some local brewers.

I agree I'm gonna do that as soon as I get a chance. I've already checked it out but it didn't appear that there was very much activity. Let's get this going.

I wish that group was more active. Sadly it is pretty much non-existent.

My advice is to hook up with the local home brew club the Lauter Day Brewers. It is a new club, but we are getting a good group of brewers together. We have extract and all grain brewers with a few batches under their belt to those that have been brewing a decade or more. We meet to taste, learn, and have fun. We had about 30 brewers attend our meeting last week.

Message me if you want to be added to our mailing list.

I'm not CURRENTLY in SLC, but will be in late March/early April if any of you have any offerings for me to taste while up there for a week. I'll be mostly in Magna hanging out at the RC track(IRCR), but if anyone want a self-proclaimed professional to taste-test their brew(s) we can meet up. hehehehe Stay strong SLC brewers!

Theres no sense in coming to SLC right now, yule freeze your eyes shut! I'm glad we have a expert taster for taste testing! LOL:tank:

Not to hijack, but I have a question: Does Utah have laws against homebrewing? I know you have to go to the state liquor store for (real) beer, so I was wondering if they frown on homebrewers. My brother lives in Cedar City, UT and I wouldn't want to get him in trouble with the law.

There were laws up untill recently, They have been easier on home brewers as of late. I dont know all the laws, but you can brew a high AC beer and not get in trouble!

one HBSC told me he used to sell to judges attorneys and cops when the laws were such that you wern'r suppose to do it, so go figure!

Not to hijack, but I have a question: Does Utah have laws against homebrewing? I know you have to go to the state liquor store for (real) beer, so I was wondering if they frown on homebrewers. My brother lives in Cedar City, UT and I wouldn't want to get him in trouble with the law.

Not Illegal any more, kinda takes some of the fun out of it! LOL:mug:

Because this topic has changed so much already. Mine as well change it up even more. Have a kegerator.... Pours fast and I would like to increase the length of my beer line by oh lets say 5'. Anyone know where i can pick up some good hose for beer line? Also a place that has fitting already on would be fantastic to just take it home and screw it right to the one i already have.

I would imagine beer nut would have what you would need in Salt lake. I go to Salt City Brew supply since I live in Sandy. They have all the flitting and hoses you could need for kegging. Also there is Art brew supply in SLC he has all the corney kegs you could ever want.

Jeff

Thanks I stopped by Salt Lake Brew Supply today. Was on a job site right by the place. Awesome store and the guys working helped out quite a bit with some random questions I had. Would be worth the 15 min drive any day to get help like that. :mug:

Thanks I stopped by Salt Lake Brew Supply today. Was on a job site right by the place. Awesome store and the guys working helped out quite a bit with some random questions I had. Would be worth the 15 min drive any day to get help like that. :mug:

Your welcome. I also think its a great shop. I buy pretty much everything but hops there.

Jeff

Back