Salt in my beer - lots of it. Any hope?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on, we all enjoy a good story!

There is no punishment suitable for putting salt in beer... Can you guilt her into many many many sexual favors???

In her defense, maybe she thought you were supposed to dry hop with salt?

I think we need to hear this story.

Actually, saving it for cooking and making something really tasty out of it would be a funny way of thumbing your nose at your swmbo's "revenge"

"SWMBO's Revenge" Oh, that's definitely the name! Any label ideas? :D

I know everyone wants to hear the story but, honestly, it's nothing exciting/funny and kind of personal. No tapping any sisters or anything like that!

Seriously though, if I bottle this for cooking without carbing it - do I need to keep it in the fridge? Or can I store it in the basement?

I'd go ahead and bottle it like you normally would (I wouldn't nother with priming sugar, I'd be shocked if it carbed). As long as everything is sanitized, you should be able to keep it around as long as any other beer.

Someone said that the salt will drop out of suspension over time; the salt will crystalize (and settle) if the water/beer is oversaturated, which I doubt it would be with two cups of salt in five gallons. It wouldn't ALL drop out, anyway.

You could pretend you are that old guy at the bar who keeps dumping salt in his corona and drink away. Maybe after about 8 of them you won't care anymore.

I heard Craig said that the dinner SWMBO cooked was, and I quote, "a little too salty".

Thus resulting in the aforementioned "Too salty?? I'll show him salty!" moment.

You are all really close... :mug:

The recipe was the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Clonebrews. Don't have the exact recipe handy right now but could post it later if you're interested.

I just realized I'm never going to be able to ask a serious question here again without getting some kind of reply having to do with salt...

"SWMBO's Revenge" Oh, that's definitely the name! Any label ideas? :D

ss_13.jpg

:D

Use it as a broth and boil 5lbs of carnitas in a boil pot (not the same one you use for you beer, obviously). Boil it, until the liquid is gone. Once the liquid is gone the carnitas will be tender. Pull it all apart, lightly fry it in olive oil in a fry pan and serve on small corn tortillas with chesse and salsa...

You'll probably have to buy the beer to go with this one.

Oh man! Craig go drunk, showed up at the in-laws naked wearing nothing but a pig holloween mask and told SWMBO she was fat when she came to pick him up and take him home!

To fix this situation I would start off by mixing a little with her shampoo, or if she wears contacts possibly her contact solution.

Nair works better as a shampoo additive.

Just saying...

Oh, and yes, they have cooking wines, brandies, and everything else. Cooking beer works well for me.

The carnitas recipe sounds banging, and I think with a slab of sirloin or tri tip you could make chili of the gods and then blow the sheets off the bed all night long.

Either that, or save it for the people who annoy you, drink all your beer, and never return the empty bottles. A six pack of this "new brewing method" should get rid of the moochers.

Back