Saison questions someone with more experience help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorowdy

Reaction score
My wife and my brew partners fiance volunteered us to brew for their wedding in October. They are having a pumpkin themed wedding. No problem there I love my recipe and think it would make a great saison. I don't want to mess around with ice packs and towels and whatever other crazy stuff I have to do to keep temps down.
I have done a little searching on using separate equipment for saison style beers and have come up with conflicting answers. I plan on using lallemands belles saison for three batches. Do I need separate equipment for this? I am pretty peculiar about my cleaning and sanitizing. I have read a bunch of my beer still tastes like saison threads and need some guidance.
Thanks in advance.

no, you don't need seperate equipment for a saison. If you were adding Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, or Brettanomyces you'd need to be more careful, but Saison yeast strains are no different from traditional yeasts as far as sanitation is concerned.

Saison yeasts are like all others, no need to worry. Plus, you can ferment them warm and turn out great beer. Usually goes over well with people who aren't into craft beer too. Go simple with the grain bill and low to moderate hopping and they'll turn out well.

Back