Saison help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Well I have a lot of breiss pale ale malt. I need to use this up before I get anything else. I would like to make a saison or just a good summer beer. Any suggestions? Saison recipe with pale ale malt?

Cheers

Heck yeah saison! Do a lot a bit of pale malt (85-90%), liiiitle bit of wheat (5-8%) and a liiiitle bit of c60 or aromatic (5-8%), some noble hops, and some 3711, and then :mug:. Maybe throw in some orange peel and coriander if you're into that sort of thing!

I've made a saison made with Belgian pale malt; in fact, this is probably the best saison I've made:

10 lbs. Pale Malt
1 lbs. Aromatic Malt
1 lbs. Golden Naked Oats

.5 oz. Pacific Jade @ 60
.5 oz. Pacific Jade @ 5
1 oz. Motueka @ 5

Wyeast 3711 - 1 quart starter

I mashed at 148 so it will dry out nicely without any sugar. If you can't find the NZ hops, something citrus-y for bittering and Saaz for flavor and aroma would get you close.

OG: 1.065
FG: 1.012
ABV: 7%
IBUs: 35
SRM: 9

My Saison is with pale malt. Keep it simple, I like some rye and a bit of Munich with saaz for hops with 3711. Great crowd pleaser that lighter beer drinkers will try yet beer nerds enjoy.

Back