Saison Dupont Foret Organic Ale Dregs harvesting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrguy

Reaction score
Anyone ever harvest from this bottle? Do they condition with the primary yeast? Let me know. Thanks

I regularly harvest Saison Dupont yeast.

In just a couple of 2 liter starter jumps, it's ready to go.

Keep us posted.

The first dregs was from a small bottle like 10-12oz? Did a small 500 ml starter at 1.028 ran it until last night (think there was activity but hard to detect) and then did a 1000ml starter last night at 1.030 hope to see this one get going. Hard to notice the first one being so small. I think I should be able to visually see this one.

I regularly harvest Saison Dupont yeast.

In just a couple of 2 liter starter jumps, it's ready to go.

Keep us posted.

In realizing that most folks ramp up the fermentation temps when using this yeast, does that hold true with making a starter? I'm about ready to step this one up to the final size and they seem to have taken off slowly. I've been stir plating at about 68F should I have ramped up the temp? If so, how much?

I do not raise the temp w/ starters. 68-70F sounds right.

You are after maximum yeast growth with a starter - no need to ramp now.

Ok thanks. Either I'm impatient ( wait I already know that answer lol) or this yeast is not very active. Usually I would see a good layer of yeast on harvesting but after letting this settle, it's barely a film on the bottom. I'm going to go up one more time today.

Back