Safe way to warm the beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latamir

Reaction score
I am doing an AG Irish Stout tomorrow but the temp has dropped to the 40's, and the only place the boss will let me store my brew is in the shed. I made a a house for my bucket and carboy out of that silver covered house insulation (3 inches thick all the way around).

My last two brews stayed a constant temp even at night, but I am afraid that the 40s or lower will drop it inside a bit. So, what is a easy DIY way to heat the bucket and the carboy?

There are heating rings that goes around the bottles that plug into a electricial outlet. They go around a carboy or bucket. Or I have here of people getting tropical fish heating units that goes in water and just turn it on inside that mini house on a low setting

There are heating rings that goes around the bottles that plug into a electricial outlet. They go around a carboy or bucket. Or I have here of people getting tropical fish heating units that goes in water and just turn it on inside that mini house on a low setting

+1 on these. You can also use a light bulb.

brewstands.com - fermentation heater

Back