Safe To Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexibilly

Mexibilly
Reaction score
I followed an extract IPA instructions exactly, going the full recommended time. Took gravity readings the last 2 days and it's steady, but after I put the top back on last night I'm getting a bubble every minute or so, still bubbling this morning. No temp change. Just popped the top, took a sample and put the top back on.
Tonite is my opportunity to bottle. If it's the same reading this afternoon, 3 days in a row, you think it's safe to bottle?

If you are really worried, put the bottles in a plastic tote (like a Rubbermaid bin) during conditioning. That way if something goes wrong, no mess and no harm done.

If you are really worried, put the bottles in a plastic tote (like a Rubbermaid bin) during conditioning. That way if something goes wrong, no mess and no harm done.
This!!!.....well, there is a mess, but a much smaller contained mess ;) I do do this out of habit, but have never needed the containment, never had bottle bombs in all these decades....we have a lot of plastic storage tubs ;) Better safe than sorry, and all

Back