Sad Sense of Accomplishment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Formito

Reaction score
So I have made several attempts to create a true MBC clone, but today I am sad because I finally took a taste of the latest clone and I am as close as I would ever really want to get. I have made several blonde ales, kolsches, and other light beers(all tasted better) in order to approximate the taste and ingredient load for myself while being able to feed my friends, but with this latest step towards the true american lager, I never want to try again. Its stale tasting(on purpose) water, carbonated, with a hint of hops and almost no malt presence and a perfect golden shine in clear beer, perfect. With this sense of accomplishment I can live on without regret, never trying to make a bland, useless beer again. I am ready to continue tackling every other type of beer that I can think of until my head and liver explode!

Now to wait for my yummy tripel and coffee beer.

PS: heres my recipe and a pic of the beast

8 lb pilsen
2 lb 2 row
1 lb flaked corn
.5 oz warrior 60 min(just cause I had it)
.5 oz saaz 2 min
wyeast 22780 czech pils
ferment at 52 for 1 week then lager for 1 month

11a2b9fb.jpg

Back