Sabco: Story so far....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I ordered my kettle from them almost 2 weeks ago. I asked for tracking info in an e-mail after a week, no response. I called today and they told me it hasn't even been MADE yet. She said hopefully it will get done and out by early next week.
WTF? They can't bother to call me or e-mail me and tell me that?

Sorry...rant over.....

dude, you gotta hate that! is that screwing up a AG brew plan????? you should be happy when you get it in.......

Sabco kettle came today. I guess when I called it lit a fire--you know where.

I like it. Its super clean and very professionally done. I can't wait to brew with it.

I'm amazed at how little 5 gallons of water in that thing looks like.

Now once I get my accesories from our esteemed vendor Tnlandsailor, I'll be good to go for a batch of Gravedigger (Green and) Golden Ale (only a true Packer fan will figure that name out....)

DeRoux's Broux said:
dude, you gotta hate that! is that screwing up a AG brew plan?????

No, Sam75 let me use his bigger pot to brew in last time. But I'm ready to brew again!!!!

Real quick question about the Sabco kettle. Did you order the one that is made from a used keg or did you get a new one? I have a friend who is wondering what shape the kettles are in that are made with the used keg.

I also bought one from Sabco and it was made from a refurbished keg. They do a super job in the refurbishing.

Orrelse, I also had the same communication problem with them. When I ordered it I noted in the comments section of the order form that I only wanted one fitting for the ball vavle. (I didn't see any point in getting a bulk head for a temp guage since it is too inaccurate in the mash tun for me. )Anyway , I though the "special" order requirement was slowing them down..even though it was less work for them. Now it looks like they just don't get in any hurry.

They do have a great product once you get it.

vtfan99 said:
Real quick question about the Sabco kettle. Did you order the one that is made from a used keg or did you get a new one? I have a friend who is wondering what shape the kettles are in that are made with the used keg.

I got the refurbished keg. It is immaculate. They supposedly acid clean them and if I didn't see the "Miller Brewing Company" writing on the bottom of the keg stamped out--you would have a hard time convincing me the keg wasn't brand new. It's that nice.

I'm super impressed and can't wait to brew with it.

vtfan99 said:

I got a refurb and it was in outstanding condition. No need to pay the extra for the 'new keg' option IMO.

Sabco is weird....I ordered one of the fermenters last week, and supposedly they were of limited supply. I called today to get a shipping status and the lady told me it was "in production" which leads me to believe that they build these as they are ordered....I dunno.

Also, I asked for them to send tracking info, and they lady totally balked at that. WHY? Is this not a simple service to a customer? I don't want my latest $300 brewing investment sitting on my front porch all night, while I'm stuck at work. If I at lest had a estimate of what day it is supposed to be here--I'd get off of work for a while to run home and rescue it.

This totally threw me for a second. I thought, "Dude hasn't done AG yet?? No way." Then I noticed the date. Way to revive an ancient thread.

Torchiest said:
This totally threw me for a second. I thought, "Dude hasn't done AG yet?? No way." Then I noticed the date. Way to revive an ancient thread.

Sorry...this is kind of "Part Deux" to ranting at Sabco....no wonder they aren't doing orders for homebrew equipment anymore.... :rolleyes:

Wow Dude some pent up hatred there! you know the fact that they are slowing down production or even discontinuing production does not mean they don't make a kick ass product! Even B3 can take months to get some of their equipment, and their not so great with communication either.

I'll be the first to say the quality of the BrewMagic Pro must be like that of a BMW for those lucky enough to drive that nice piece of German engineering. Yes, I know you Mercedes owners don't like that but take a look at the latest consumer reports. BMW is rated higher in almost every category.

I just had a bad experience with SABCO and choose not to do business with them again. Others obviously feel otherwise and will undoubtedly continue to buy items from SABCO. Am I the first to have a product that leaked or arrived with corrosion? Maybe. I have no way of knowing but I didn't like the way the situation was handled. Hatred, nah. Life is too short to go around hatin'.

Back