s-33 for a blonde?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theganda

Reaction score
Anyone tried this combination? I did it unknowingly and am awaiting the results, wanted to know if there were some concrete results that people had under their belt. I'm worried I may not get the flavor profile I want.

I would use a cleaner yeast for a blonde. Say nottingham or us-05. Just my opinion.

Also my experience with s-33 have been horrible but that is just me some people love it.

I'm trying to make a belgian blonde, so I'm not really looking for a cleaner one. I was actually worried about just the opposite, that since I didn't use a better belgian liquid yeast that I might end up short on esters and phenols.

I'm trying to make a belgian blonde, so I'm not really looking for a cleaner one. I was actually worried about just the opposite, that since I didn't use a better belgian liquid yeast that I might end up short on esters and phenols.[/QUOTE

Didn't know you were shooting for a belgian. Still s-33 never gave me those kind of esters but I never pushed the temp either.

I second the poor attenuation. Every time I used it I had trouble getting it down to where I wanted it.

Good luck with what ever you try.

Back