Russian Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
È necessario provare le loro birre! Se non avevo mai provato, non credo che ci sia la produzione di birra oggi.

In bocca al lupo con la RIS!

Ok! Quando torno a Milano per studiare vedo di darmi da fare per trovarle e assaggiare! Grazie per il consiglio!
Crepi!

P. S. Density dropped down to 1036 :)

i forgot to put the coffee beans in the last ten mins of boil, can i add them in the secondary? i read in this forum al lot of conflicting opinions

Let me know how the peated malt turns out... I am a HUGE Islay scotch fan (Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Laphroaig are my favorites) and want to peat some beers, but not sure how much to add.

I think I can handle more than the typical person, but don't want to go overboard!

ok, i'll let you know ;) but at the first taste tha peadet is dominated by the roasty flavor :)

now the density is 1032, i'm going to give to the yeast another two o three week in order to finish the work... when i bottle i need to pitch another yeast? (i have only t-58 at home but i can wash and make a starter with the bottom of the fermenter)

thank so much

how long should i leave it in secondary before bottling?
and before bottling i need to repich yeast?

With RISs, I usually give it at least a few weeks in the secondary. Mine invariably drop a lot more sediment and attenuate a few more points.

Ok thanks, i am going to bottle in october,
And about repitch? :)

The next week I am going to bottle, I need to repitch yeast?
I am going to make a strong ale with the same yeast of the ris (1728), is ok if pitch with the carbonation sugar a tea spoon of slurry?
I can also use some t-58, I can pitch a few grams in the next day in order to be sure that when I bottle the fg (with t58 ir reach)
What do you think about? :)

I think it's only been a little more than a month since you brewed? No rush to move it out of secondary, unless you need the fermenter space. That's a big brew you have there, and sitting on the secondary yeast cake could help it smooth out a little quicker. Mine sat for months, of course I had nothing else to compare it too.

If you are going to bottle next week, you could probably get away with not adding any more yeast. They are a little stressed sitting in that much alcohol, so adding either T-58 or the slurry from the old ale gives some extra reassurance. I would personally go with the slurry from the old ale as its already used to some alcohol, whereas the T-58 would have a pretty big shock getting into your high abv RIS.

Ok, i am going to leave it in secondary unless I need space, and when I am bottling, I am going to add some slurry from the strong ale!
I am also going go put 6 liters into a whisky barrel for one year, for bottling it, I'll put one coffee spoon if yeast ( of a future's brews with 1728) is ok?
Sorry for the English but I just got up :)

The whiskey barrel sounds great. I would taste it at various points to make sure the flavors are developing as you wish, and not to take on too much oak/whiskey.

I bet this becomes one of your favorite brews ever around the 7-10 momth mark from brewing. Make sure you keep some bottles around to see how it changes.

hi!

Yesterday I finally bottled! I left it in the secondary for about 5 months, I've added 3grams of T58 for the carbonation!

Now I'm going to leave it at 68F for a month :)

thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it will be!

hi!

Yesterday I finally bottled! I left it in the secondary for about 5 months, I've added 3grams of T58 for the carbonation!

Now I'm going to leave it at 68F for a month :)

thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it will be!

tried one today

j1m6.jpg

i love it! many thanks to all!

Awesome, now try not to drink them too fast. Spread it out over a year or two to see how it evolves.

hi! I can not recognize the peated in the midst of all the other malts, but i think that UE peated malt is different from USA peated malt, i tried a 100% peated beer and was drinkable!

i'm so happy! this beer scored 4rd at a local competition!

thanks to all for the help!:mug::mug:

Latest posts

Back