Running a seltzer connection off Homebrew tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bharrison

Reaction score
I am planning to finally buy a kegging system and my wife is interested in using its CO2 tank also to make seltzer. Is it possible to split the line from the regulator to the keg and add a line to which I would attach a screw on carbonator top for the 2 litre soda bottles we'd use for seltzer? I guess, I should ask, too, if not only is this possible to do in terms of the fittings, but in terms of adjusting the pressure differences back and forth to accomodate the different pressures at which you carbonate beer versus seltzer. Is that a possibility? Or should I just shell out for two separate 5 lb tanks and call it good?

Thanks

How about a tank reg and an inline?

That is how I roll. Tank reg set to 30psi for the seltzer water and an in-line for 2 vols. on the beer.

Yes, it can be done. All you need is an extra port on your gas manifold for the seltzer line. You will also need shutoff valves for all of the lines, so you don't over-pressurize your brew. Alternately, you can buy a dual-pressure regulator (which just two regulators connected together). Or you can use secondary regulators to reduce the pressure for the beer.

I have a keg of soda water on tap and use this setup:

2113-img_0787.jpg

It might just be easier to get a second bottle and regulator, since you want to make 2L bottles.

David 42: I noticed you said you keep a keg of seltzer on hand. The ability to do that would depend on having a kegerator, right? You can't do a keg of seltzer without it being cold first, correct?

Thanks again

I believe this is the case. Cold liquid hods a lot more C02. I don't think you would be able to dissolve enough in at room temperature.

Latest posts

Back