Ruby Street Brew Stand - Anyone use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way overpriced IMO. I don't care for the type of burners they are using and they don't tell you who makes the kettles. I also don't see a false bottom listed with the kettles which would be a must have for me. I would also go for a single tier configuration a la Brutus and some control automation with using two pumps vs the two tier arrangement. I never buy from vendors that don't list their suggested retail prices on their web site. Just my take on it, nothing more.

I have one, and I love it. Burners bring 10 gal of wert to boil in 2 to 3 min. mostly I would agree the burners in the past on other things were real bad but they put a 20 PSI regulator on it as opposed to the 10 psi, they work great on this system. Kettles are made by bayou classic all kettles but hot liquor have custom false bottoms tri-clamp output of boil kettle and mash ton. I've never brewed as much as I have since I got this system.

$2500 seems like $1500 too much. It looks like a big hand truck. I think for that kind of money, I would have the Brutus 10 built for me which would be under that by a long shot and include the PID box, cables, pumps, etc.

I like it but $1500 for the stand is steep.

You can get a Blichmann Top Tier with 3 burners for $920.

Or a Brewers Equipment Brew Stand from $550-$800 depending on configuration.

And for the full system with kettles and all, they're getting into the range of the MoreBeer flat brew sculpture.

I bought the whole system 4 months ago & couldn't be happier with the purchase. Myself & a coworker have brewed 10 batches of beer on it so far. The mobility of the stand & the versatility of the brew kettles sold me. Quality workmanship. I grow my own veggies & "preserve" (hot water bath canning) about 200 to 300 pints a year; so when I discovered the "dual purpose" potential of this system it helped justify the initial expense. The easily removable lids allow easy access to the large diameter kettles. With the addition of a second set of false bottoms the kettles will hold & process 30 pints each. A subject for another day...

On the brewing side of things I've added a second pump & a chiller plate to recirculate water over ice inside the mash kettle w/false bottom to cool the wort. Kinda hard to explain so here's a link to my homepage with a movie from some of our brews so far...:mug:

MobileMe Gallery

Latest posts

Back