RTW Beer Label Collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never thought of that. next time perhaps.
was tough getting some of them off. some slide rigt off, others like the Wanaka Beerworks and Emersons are actually STICKERS not labels, and they don't like coming off. Developed all sorts of ways of getting labels off. The stickers I found come off best if you fill the bottle with boiling water, the glue softens, then you can peel it off easier. Course then you are left with a sticker which wants to stick to things, so you need to get a piece of paper to stick it to...

That is great kenmc. I have been saving the labels and caps off of the beers I try around Europe. I am planning on building a bar in my home and putting all the labels under the glass top. How did you get them so flat and smooth? I soak the bottles in warm water, peel off the labels, and then place them on a flat surface to dry. But they curl up and the surface is all rippled. I though about drying them with a book on top, but they would take forever to dry and just ended up sticking to the table or the book. I even put a book on them after they were dry. They still wanted to curl up (which isn’t a huge deal), but the surface is all rippled. Which also isn’t the end of the world, but yours looked very flat and smooth.

they didn't seem to want to curl thankfully. i made sure to get the whole label off where possible, not just the top surface - maybe that helped. some of them in SEA and China just slide off cos of the condensation. The Squires ones took a lot of persuasion. I just dried them out flat and put them in my journal to keep them flat.

Thanks. I think I will just put them between the pages of some books. When I get around to needing them in a few years I bet they will have a much smoother surface.

I love that you had a Guiness label from New Zealand. How did it compare to Irish Guiness?

fifelee said:
I love that you had a Guiness label from New Zealand. How did it compare to Irish Guiness?

Actually that's one of the misplaced ones - it's Malaysian, couldn't fit it into the SEAsia one, and went to malayisa after NZ so figured I'd put it there!.Same as the Barons.

It's the guinness export, ~8% or so, i have had this before in Dublin, lovely. Can't compare to the draught stuff though! Wouldn't drink the draught stuff anywhere than Ireland!

Nice!
I saw the XXXX and it brought back memories. I drank a lot of that when I was in Brisbane Australia over 10 years ago. I asked some locals what XXXX meant, they said that's how Australian's spell beer.:mug:

Back