Rotten Eggs, is the smell coming from the Kmeta added to the boil:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmac62

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the last few brews I have been adding some kmeta to the boil as part of the Kmeta, Ascorbic Acid and BTB as a trifecta to help reduce the oxidative effects. I have been getting a sulfer smell (ie. rotton eggs). There is no flavor, but the smell is off putting to say the least. Is this due to the kmeta (too much or not at the right time)? Thanks in advance. :mug:

For the last few brews I have been adding some kmeta to the boil as part of the Kmeta, Ascorbic Acid and BTB as a trifecta to help reduce the oxidative effects. I have been getting a sulfer smell (ie. rotton eggs). There is no flavor, but the smell is off putting to say the least. Is this due to the kmeta (too much or not at the right time)? Thanks in advance. :mug:
It sounds like you didn't adequately expended your sulfites when oxygenating your wort.

Back