rose petal wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattooist83

Reaction score
10 cups rose petals
1 gallon water
2 1/2 lbs sugar
10oz white grape concentrate
1 pack wine yeast
1/2tsp yeast nutrient
3 1/2tsp vinacid r
2 tsp campden tablets
1/2 tsp grape tannin

put all ingredients EXCEPT water and yeast in a primary fermenter. add 1/2 quantity of water, hot, stir to disolve sugar. add balance of water, cold. cover with plastic sheet. when must is 70-75 degrees, about 24hrs, add yeast. stir must daily. ferment 4-5 days or until s.g is 1.030. strain out pulp through nylong straining bag, and press. siphon into carboys or gallon jugs and attatch airlock. rack in 10 days and again in 1 month. when wine is clear and stable, bottle.

i altered the recipe a little bit, made it more to my liking. i added 4 cans of cranberry concentrate to the mix, and so far, im highly impressed. it smells likes roses, but when you taste it, you get a subtle hint of rose, and then the sweetness and flavor of the cranberry. very well pleased with it, so far. my only concern at this point is clarity, since the juice concentrate was so dark im not sure how clear it will get, but its a nice deep red color.

Back