Rome craft brew scene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhumbline

Reaction score
I'm spending the month in Rome, just arrived today and the only thing I felt like doing was scoring a decent beer.

I went to this place which is less than 50 feet from the apartment I'm renting,

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d6480293-Reviews-My_Ale-Rome_Lazio.html

Nice selection of beers, $6 buys you a panini the size of your head and the guy who runs it makes you feel, right at home.

The place looks bigger in the pics, it is a study in how to use space efficiently.

There are two other places I've found that I'll be trying out.

Looks like a quaint little gem you stumble across now & then. The sammiches look good. Toss a couple eggs on the ones in the pic for breakfast! :mug:

Sounds about perfect!

I have not hit Rome since 1996 and I am told that most of my disappointments have long since been dealt with. It was my least favorite place in Italy with even Milan being more enjoyable.

No matter what, do get out of Rome. Tuscany as whole is everything the movies make it out to be and Florence itself is just amazing.

Enjoy your time there.

Sounds about perfect!

I have not hit Rome since 1996 and I am told that most of my disappointments have long since been dealt with. It was my least favorite place in Italy with even Milan being more enjoyable.

No matter what, do get out of Rome. Tuscany as whole is everything the movies make it out to be and Florence itself is just amazing.

Enjoy your time there.

I'm with you 100% on the challenges of Rome (and Milan)and the beauty of Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche. Florence is my favorite city. I'm here this time of year because I've always wanted to do Christmas in a major European city and I was able to score a ticket to the papal mass in St. Peter's on Christmas Eve. Being a Jubilee year was added incentive.

Last year I came for three weeks, a week in Florence and two weeks in the countryside. Rented a Vespa for the two weeks and had a blast. I put almost 1,000 miles on that thing. It was a grand time.

I'm spending the month in Rome, just arrived today and the only thing I felt like doing was scoring a decent beer.

I went to this place which is less than 50 feet from the apartment I'm renting,

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d6480293-Reviews-My_Ale-Rome_Lazio.html

Nice selection of beers, $6 buys you a panini the size of your head and the guy who runs it makes you feel, right at home.

The place looks bigger in the pics, it is a study in how to use space efficiently.

There are two other places I've found that I'll be trying out.

I'll be leaving for Rome before spending some time in Cairo on Monday. It's a bit of a walk from my apartment, but maybe i'll swing by for a bite and beers since it's a short walk from Piazza Navona. Thanks for sharing! Any other tips?

Back