Roasting Barley is DANGEROUS!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyD

Reaction score
So, I tried to roast some un-malted barley..................and the bloody grains cought on FIRE!!

Keep the fire hose nearby nextime:D

DannyD said:
So, I tried to roast some un-malted barley..................and the bloody grains cought on FIRE!!

Keep the fire hose nearby nextime:D

Hahahaha ;). Were they in the oven or on a grill or ?

So these grains will be smoked then? What's the SRM? :p

Whats the SRM for "CARBON" / charcoal? :eek:

Hahahaha ;). Were they in the oven or on a grill or ?

Well, it started in the oven and got real brown, so I thought..."lets kick it up a bit" cos i want it nice and dark, and then they went under the grill........:eek:

Haha. Any pics?

Funny story..........would have been wicked, and only thought of it after the incedent
But all the safety gates of the house was locked and I ran around with the flaming pan of barley trying to get out, now i know that if a kitchen fire brakes out .......just cover it with a lid...........but big roasting pans dont come with lids!!!, Keys for the gate was not in there usual spot and not even a towle in sight!! and blowing on it just gave it more O2
So placed it in front of the open back door and waited for the flames to die down
BUYING... Dark grains nextime!!

Back