RO water system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPW

Reaction score
I’m looking for a way to hook up an RO filter to a water hose? I don’t have direct access to water in the space I brew (a detached garage). Our well water has sodium levels that are somewhat high. If I use an RV water hose that’s safe for drinking water, will hooking up a RO filter to this hose be effective and safe to use for brewing?

Yes, an rv water hose is fine. I've been using one for a while to just fill up my keggles, they are safe to drink out of. Depends on your system tubing but if the output is 1/4" tubing you could use either of these two items.
U0421406 Garden Hose Connector GHT - 1/4 Tube x 3/4 Female
John Guest Brass Female Connector (Garden Hose) - 1/4 x 3/4 - 11.5 NH

I just ordered the second one but from a different vendor. I'm just starting to use my RO system and unfortunately I didn't see these options and bought some intermediate tubing to connect to a spigot inside my garage. I could have skipped the 3/8" line I used there.

hose bib adapter poly.jpg
hose bib adapter brass.jpg

Back