RO system recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All pressurized RO storage tanks tend to result in the taste and odor of the plastic bladder in the tank showing up in the water. Even very small tanks. This is easy to address however with a simple taste and odor filter between the tank and the outlet.
I bought an APEC system a couple years ago with small pressurized tank and haven't noticed this at all. My wife is super anal and made me use the RO filter for our sparkling water, so she almost definitely would've noticed if some weird off-flavor was coming through.

I bet your APEC system has a snap-on charcoal filter atop the membrane cartridge plumbed between tank and output port.
Mine does...

Cheers!
Hmm, that might be the case. There are quite a few filters the lines are running through before heading to the tank

I bought an APEC system a couple years ago with small pressurized tank and haven't noticed this at all. My wife is super anal and made me use the RO filter for our sparkling water, so she almost definitely would've noticed if some weird off-flavor was coming through.

There seems to be a certain sized tank where the bladder off flavor and aroma starts becoming an issue. I have two systems with small 2 gallon tanks and while I ran the output back through the carbon filter the system came with initially, I never replaced it and just bypassed. No issues. I did get at metal shell 20 gallon pressure tank that I flushed about 20 times and still had a horrendous plastic/solvent aroma so I basically stopped using it.

Latest posts

Back