Riptide pump small washer, please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
Need a replacement washer for the riptide pump. The one that goes on the impeller shaft. I cant find them and know someone has posted a link here before.

Nevermind ... I found it from blichman.

.50 cent with 8 dollars shipping...

Any other options?

I wish someone would go through all of Blichmann's stuff and list washer, orings, thread size, etc. They won't just tell you the size and often times the one orings you need is only sold in a kit. It's the worst.

I bought several to ease the pain as well as some of the o-rings that are used in the pump.
I did too. I almost lost the washer twice, so ordered a bunch of them and the o-rings so that I have spares on hand.

I just got my bag of 100 washers in from McMaster using the link posted above. I don’t need them now and just bought in case I did.

Opening the bag, the new washers are not the same size. I think the inner diameter is the same, and the outer is close, but is bigger.

Figured I’d ask here, are they still ok to use?

I don't think the OD is critical at all. ID - yes, definitely want to nail that, but OD shouldn't have any affect unless it's ridiculously oversize (like a fender washer ;))

Cheers!

Thanks to both. I assumed that, but you know what they say about assuming. Just checking to make sure I got the right thing.

Back