Rip David Carradine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I didn't notice this being posted, so I thought I would toss it up.

David Carradine found dead in wardrobe

I posted the UK article over CNN because they went into more detail about his death.

Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and other body parts.

10 minutes ago this part said genitals!

There are better ways to go grasshopper.

Sad indeed.

I'm thinking that it likely was a straight-up suicide, as he had stated in interviews that he had considered jumping off a building or shooting himself before. Not out of depression, but out of having no fear of death. He said he was having a great time even when he considered suicide, and it was a "why not? I'm not scared of death" thing. He also stated that being dead would be an impediment to getting some things done he wanted to do, but maybe he had finally gotten everything done and just went with the "why not?".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5445266/David-Carradine-spoke-of-suicide-wish-before-his-death-in-Bangkok-hotel.html

A friend of mine went to a party at Davids house when he was in LA and said the guy was nuts, this doesn't surprise me.

Sounds to me like this is a case of Erotic asphyxiation. I knew those Thai girls were freaky, but damn!

Sounds to me like this is a case of Erotic asphyxiation. I knew those Thai girls were freaky, but damn!

I saw him using the restroom at Mad Anthony'd Brew Pub in Fort Wayne IN about ten years while he was shooting part of a movie.

I didn't notice any rope tied around his neck or junk at that time.

Same way that Michael Hutchence of INXS died. At least he died and doesn't have to look anyone in the eyes after ALMOST killing himself whilst having a wank.

Damn, that's sad - and creepy.
facepalm.gif

i couldn't wait to get home from my classes in college, fire up a bowl and watch re-runs of kung fu on TNT... it's prolly the reason i failed some of my classes. david carradine was the actor in some of my favorite movies and tv shows. you should all go to you-tube and watch death race 2000. that **** is redonkulous...
dunno if the rumors are true about apparent suicide, accidental erotic asphyxiation, or foul play. i just know i wish i could be like cane. *sigh* r.i.p. mr carradine

Back