Rinsing Oxiclean without wasting too much water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brazuca

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for around 4 years but never felt the need to post anything, since I always managed to find what I was looking for.

This might be useful, so take it for what it is worth...

I clean everything with Oxiclean (or Walmart's generic which works just as well) but always ended up wasting a lot of water to rinse things well enough, especially the keg and beer lines. Then I figured that adding a little splash of white vinegar to the first bit of rinse water cuts down the waste by a lot.

I always used vinegar for the laundry (instead of softeners) as it really neutralizes and rinses the soap away.
Heck I even use this combo now when washing paint brushes and rollers!

I digress... diluted vinegar is not only good to remove the white residue left after something is forgotten in Oxiclean for too long, it is a good rinse booster for the regular/everyday equipment cleaning. Just don't leave vinegar on any rubber or inside the beer line.

Cheers

Back