Ringwood in 10 gallon batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
Brewed my first ten gallon batch on Sunday. Everything went well. OG of 1.062 and 75% eff.
22lbs 2 row
2lbs crystal
2 oz centennial @60min
2oz centennial @40min
1 oz centennial @20 min
1oz centennial @ 10 min

I split the batch into a 6.5 gal carboy and my 6 gall bucket. I pitched 4ml of a ringwood starter in both. Made starter in two flasks from 2 packs of wyeast smack packs that did not swell but finally took off in the starter. Mixed the two starters together then pitched equally 4 ml in each fermenters.

I put both fermenters in swamp cooler and temp equalized at 64 to 65.I took gravity reading from carboy but not bucket. I started to see action around 24 hours later. Glass carboy started slow while the bucket showed more action. Now the bucket is showing no bubbles and the carboy is going strong. The carboy was transferred last so it got the bottom of the kettle.

My question is since I split the 10 gallon batch into two containers will I have a different concentration of sugars in the wort?

Back