• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RIMS Controller - 120v 15A

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdkelly

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a direct-fire mash tun and am looking to put together a RIMS tube to maintain mash temperatures. The wiring in my house is suspect, so I want to put as little load on it as possible, that's why I'm asking for 15A.

I'm looking for something that someone already has together and is looking to get rid of, or someone to put it together for me.

I'm not very confident in my electrical abilities. I've done a couple STC-1000s, but a brewery controller is another animal. I've looked around a lot and just don't really have a sense of exactly what I need and how it goes together for my situation.

So here's what I'd like:

120v 15A system
I'll take care of the element and RIMS tube
Master switch
One pump outlet and switch
Element outlet and switch
I know it'll need the PID, SSR, heatsink, fuses, etc.

Let me know if you're interested and how much you think it'll be to pull together. I've also got some things for trade, if anyone would rather go that way or a combination (never used Johnson a419, dual body co2 regulator, maple mash paddle, a couple of other odds and ends).

Thanks for the look.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395517109.729026.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395517230.718134.jpg

Something this simple is more in parts than you'd expect, and the labor involved is horrible. I'd have to charge like $300. That's still like half the price of a commercial one.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395684439.336596.jpg
I did add a third switch to cut power entirely but it's extremely basic since there are no indicator lights or extras.

Back