Rhizome swapping thread 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey dedhedjed,

I would love to get some Mt Hood. I will send some Cascade your way this weekend. PM me your address and we can work out the trade.

BenS, your mailbox is full. I need your address.

I have ordered some northern brewer, but I would like to get some Zeus, Mt. Hood, Warrior.

I don't have anything to trade but let me know how much and how to pay.

I've got a massive Cascade rhizome from a 3rd year plant about as thick as a thumb that I can lop off for someone.

Looking for a Chinook rhizome in trade.

Shoot me a pm if we have a match!

Ok, all rhizomes are spoken for. I will try and dig again this weekend. If I get more, I'll post again.

I'm getting ready to start my hop garden and have every other rhizome that I want to plant except centennial. I dont have any rhizomes to trade, but if anyone has a centennial to spare, I would gladly pay or maybe trade some hops. I have plenty of Nugget, Willamette and Millennium. Looking forward to growing done hops!

Free Centennial Rhizoms in Canton, MI. Just PM me. Pick up in Canton, MI.
2011-04-10_13-58-14_850.jpg

I'm getting ready to start my hop garden and have every other rhizome that I want to plant except centennial. I dont have any rhizomes to trade, but if anyone has a centennial to spare, I would gladly pay or maybe trade some hops. I have plenty of Nugget, Willamette and Millennium. Looking forward to growing done hops!

Hey Chapa, I think I have 1 or 2 centennial left. Still need some? No need to pay, however if you want to send a little Millennium my way, I wont turn it down. :p

carluchi said:
Hey Chapa, I think I have 1 or 2 centennial left. Still need some? No need to pay, however if you want to send a little Millennium my way, I wont turn it down. :p

Absolutely! If you want to cover shipping on your end for sending the rhizomes, I'd be happy to cover on my end and send you some millennium! Thanks a lot!

I have 1 cascade left if anyone is interested. I would like to get a Chinook or CTZ if possible

carluchi said:
I have 1 cascade left if anyone is interested. I would like to get a Chinook or CTZ if possible

i think i could pull out some Zeus if you are interested. it would be from a 2 year old bine.
PM me mailing address.
Fair warning....i have not done this before.

Ok, packages have been mailed out to:

dedhedjed
spr-grn
BenS
chapa

mparsons327, I still need your address (I deleted the PM with it, sorry)

Extra Medium, sure we can do a trade. I'll PM you my email and we can take it from there

I will be harvesting my 3 year old organic grown, Nugget, Mt. Hood, Cascade, and Magnum.
I'm planing on having plenty rhizomes as there are 11 plants total.
I'f anyone is interested in trading, I'm looking for Chinook in particular, but would be open to other varieties.

Does anyone have Sorachi Ace? The hop isn't really prevalent in shops and I have one favorite recipe of mine that calls for it.

Sent out another 5 packages on Saturday, so I think that puts me up to 12 or 13 packages mailed. I appreciated all the offers I got for trades, just hope they work out. So far I got a cool dog leash and did an in-person trade for a sixer of a nice oatmeal stout :)

*edit* Spoken for, will revised if things change.

I have a Cascade and a Centennial that I would like to send out this week so that someone can get it in the ground. I don't want anything in return and I'll ship it to you for free.

First two PM's with your name and address (and which one you want unless you want both) gets it/em.

carluchi said:

Got them today, thanks carluchi! They look great, I can't wait to get them going! Look out for some Millennium coming your way! :)

I'm new to this hobby, so I don't have any rhizomes to trade yet, but I'm looking for a second variety... Low to mid alpha range. Mainly for flavoring. Maybe willamette, EKG or fuggles. I got some pretty hallertau from conpewter already. Willing to work out interesting trades... Within reason. If you are in SE Wisconsin I may even hand deliver homemade cheese.

Anyone still have a few rhizomes to spare? I'm pretty new to brewing but I love beer and I love the idea of starting to grow some of my own hops. I obviously don't have any to trade yet but if someone wants to send some I'd at least pay postage. If you're in the front range of Colorado I could pick them up and offer some homebrew, young heirloom tomato plants or other in trade. Please get in touch if you can help get my hop garden going!

PS - My favorite styles are american IPA and stout so I'd prefer hop strains that could be utilized in those. Thanks all.

:mug:

Anyone still have a few rhizomes to spare? I'm pretty new to brewing but I love beer and I love the idea of starting to grow some of my own hops. I obviously don't have any to trade yet but if someone wants to send some I'd at least pay postage. If you're in the front range of Colorado I could pick them up and offer some homebrew, young heirloom tomato plants or other in trade. Please get in touch if you can help get my hop garden going!

PS - My favorite styles are american IPA and stout so I'd prefer hop strains that could be utilized in those. Thanks all.

:mug:

The trades are cool, but I ended up hitting up midwest brew supply for rhizomes and gurneys online (midwest was cheap). They have a good variety and if you are staring out, not a bad place to grab them. Great selection at midwest.

I did two of chinook and one cascade. man I wish I bought about 4 more varieties!

CidahMastah said:
The trades are cool, but I ended up hitting up midwest brew supply for rhizomes and gurneys online (midwest was cheap). They have a good variety and if you are staring out, not a bad place to grab them. Great selection at midwest.

I did two of chinook and one cascade. man I wish I bought about 4 more varieties!

I just checked out Midwest supplies. They only have 5 varieties left. If you go that route order soon. I got 2 goldings, since it seems like everyone here is out already.

I just checked out Midwest supplies. They only have 5 varieties left. If you go that route order soon. I got 2 goldings, since it seems like everyone here is out already.

Crapper - I ordered mine way early once they opened up the gates on preorders. Sorry man.

I'm new to this hobby, so I don't have any rhizomes to trade yet, but I'm looking for a second variety... Low to mid alpha range. Mainly for flavoring. Maybe willamette, EKG or fuggles. I got some pretty hallertau from conpewter already. Willing to work out interesting trades... Within reason. If you are in SE Wisconsin I may even hand deliver homemade cheese.

I'm sending you out a few Fuggle rhizomes :) I really appreciate the trade. Works out well as I can return your packing materials

conpewter said:
I'm sending you out a few Fuggle rhizomes :) I really appreciate the trade. Works out well as I can return your packing materials

Awesome! Have you tried the cheese? I hope it was still cold when you got it.
Thanks so much.

Final packages have been mailed out to extra_medium and Mparsons327.

Conpewter, I got your package and they look great, thanks

carluchi said:
Final packages have been mailed out to extra_medium and Mparsons327.

Conpewter, I got your package and they look great, thanks

As soon as I open this new bag of millennium I'll be sending some your way. I promise I won't forget :)

Question for you, since there seemed to be a few rhizomes in there, should I still just plant them right next to eachother since its the same variety? I ordered 2 cascades, so I'm curious for those also. Trying to plot this out. Thanks

A good rule of thumb is to have at least 3 to 4 foot between plants. So if you have the room, you might want to spread them out to give each plant more room to grow. If space is tight, you can put them all together.

I am in zone 9 (Nor Cal) however this is my first year growing hops. If anyone has any other suggestions for trade pm me :D
Looking for anything that survives out here, but I already have cascade. Maybe Magnums?

Doh! I guess Sorachi Ace is proprietary. Picked a bad hop to really take an interest in. Guy at the local shop said it was effected by growing shortages this year.

Anyone recommend a hop like Ace?

This is why I think trading is awesome. The 2 large bags are from conpewter, the 2 small bags are from Midwest supplies. If you can note the mold covering the goldings rhiozome cutting. The traded rhizomes are so much prettier!

Edit: sorry for the bad picture. It looked better on my iPhone before I uploaded it!

image-3830220584.jpg

Back