Reusing Torpedo Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
I just completed my first run with my new Hop Torpedo based on the water filter design. I had 3 oz of hops (Amarillo, Chinook and Centennial) in there are ran the beer from Keg to keg twice to get as much aroma out of the hops as possible.

My question is: I now have 3 oz of beer soaked hops, could I not reuse these for FWH, bitter and flavor additions (ie. early additions) in the boil if I had a batch going at the same time?
Pumping the beer through should not really take that much of the hop bitternes/flavor right?

With the recession and hop price this would be a way to fully utilize the hops. This could be applied for dry hoping hops as well, but since these spend longer time in the beer, maybe not.

Thanks
Hommel Homebrew

I routinely take my five minute and/or flameout hops, put them in a freezer bag and use as FWH in a subsequent batch. Works fine for me.

Latest posts

Back